I am grateful for what my hair stylist taught me. I thought I could be a lazy natural, I really did. My hair has decided that it’s not about that life. For months, I was super busy and becoming a lazy natural just made life easier. Everything was well until my hair stopped curling right, shedded more than usual and didn’t have any body. It was time to go to a professional and see what was going on. After getting advised to start doing the things I had stopped doing before and some other tips, my hair is back on track. Here’s what I learned:
- Trim. Every hair stylist I have ever had has told me this and I always do it for a while and then stop. So far I have been doing well, getting a trim every 3-4 months and my hair has been much easier to handle that way.
- Mix it up. Change your hair styles around, not only will you avoid boredom, but you wont put stress on any one part of your hair.
- Color. Speaking of mixing it up. Color is fun, lots of fun. Y’all know this redhead phase im in is going to be here for a while right? Color can be done and not damage your hair, just leave it to the professionals.
- Condition. Deep Condition. Hot Oil Treatment. Leave-in Treatment. Protein Treatment. All of the above, just not all at once. I do some kind of treatment each week, depending on what my hair needs.
- Pre-poo. I’m still guilty of forgetting or skipping this step sometimes, but it makes a difference. When I pre-poo my hair comes out softer once its styled.
What have you learned from your hair stylist?