Summer Travel season has officially began and many of us can’t wait to pack our bags and go someplace. Traveling is fun but all the steps before you reach your destination can make traveling stressful. Here are 5 Summer Travel Hacks to make life easier.
1. Membership clubs. Many airlines and hotels have a points based membership for their customers. Most of those programs are free and can help you earn things such as travel miles, discounts on tickets or discounts/deals at participating restaurants, hotels and more.
2. There’s an app for that. Seriously. Get the app corresponding to your flight provider, hotel and airport. That way you can do things such as check-in, get a digital boarding pass, access to maps of the terminal you are in and get up to date information on flight and room status.
3. Pack smart. Today’s current luggage fees are expensive. Packing just a carry-on for a short trip is economical, but then you have next to no space for your entire closet. Use all your space wisely by doing things such as tucking clothing into shoes and bringing outfits that can mix n match. Your also allowed a personal bag, you can carry an over-sized purse or tote and shove more clothes and accessories in there if needed.
4. Be Early. Speaking of packing smart, it may seem crazy but it’s good practice to aim be fully packed a week before your trip. This way you will know if everything fits, and what additional items you may need to add.
Arrive at least two hours early to the airplane terminal, those TSA lines are predicted to be even worse this travel season, you won’t have to do a gladiator run to catch your flight.
5. Be healthy. Travel on a full nights rest if possible. Pop a vitamin c, bring hand sanitizer and stay hydrated. You will be breathing in recycled air and around a ton of people, it’s a good way to avoid picking up their germs.
What travel hacks will you use for your next trip?